Barbados Water Authority workers assembled just outside the rapid response building earlier today. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Stoute loses Pride of place again Read More
- Skier bags silver for Barbados Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
From around 9 o’clock this morning, workers at the Barbados Water Authority walked off the job.
It is understood that the workers are upset about reports that indicated they will not be receiving the increase in pay the Prime Minister promised them.
Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley promised the increase in the mini-budget, which was delivered on June 11.
She said the agreement reached between the Ministry of the Civil Service and the Public Service unions of five per cent across the board, would become applicable for the period April 1, 2018, to March 31, 2019. (SB)