A game of street dominoes was part of the Caribbean Health and Wellness Day activities. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Titus strikes gold Read More
- Bajans seeking more Carifta swim medals Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
The city’s major thoroughfare has been turned into one large health and wellness fest as Barbados celebrates Caribbean Health and Wellness Day.
Minister of Health and Wellness Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) Jeffrey Bostic and Minister in the Ministry of Housing Charles Griffith traded their ministerial garb for T-shirts and tracksuit bottoms and took to Broad Street for a game of road tennis.
While they served and sliced, youngsters engaged in a game of road dominoes and exercises while members of the public used the opportunity to sample healthy foods and get free health checks.
Broad Street is closed to vehicular traffic to facilitate the event which is now in its tenth year. (HLE)