- Central Bank to host information sessions for creditors Read More
- CDB officially opens office in Haiti Read More
- Matthews hundred earns Windies share of series Read More
- Celestial storms away with feature Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- The voice that is Ch’An Read More
A flash flood watch is in effect for western, northwestern and southwestern sections of Barbados. It was issued at 11 a.m. today.
A weak pressure gradient across the island is resulting in light surface to low-level winds.
This coupled with strong daytime heating is forecast to trigger some convective moderate to heavy showers over some western, northwestern and southwestern districts.
Rapid rainfall accumulations of one to two inches are possible over the watch area. This could result in some flooding in flood-prone areas.
The watch remains in effect until 5 p.m. today. Residents in flood-prone areas should be on the alert.
The watch will be updated to a warning if conditions warrant. (PR)