- Airbnb to remove listings in Israel’s West Bank settlements Read More
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Foundation encore Read More
- BiiG up Simpson, Smith-Padmore! Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bim Tipsy is in full swing Read More
A flash flood watch is in effect for western, northwestern and southwestern sections of Barbados. It was issued at 11 a.m. today.
A weak pressure gradient across the island is resulting in light surface to low-level winds.
This coupled with strong daytime heating is forecast to trigger some convective moderate to heavy showers over some western, northwestern and southwestern districts.
Rapid rainfall accumulations of one to two inches are possible over the watch area. This could result in some flooding in flood-prone areas.
The watch remains in effect until 5 p.m. today. Residents in flood-prone areas should be on the alert.
The watch will be updated to a warning if conditions warrant. (PR)