The badly-beaten woman at the hospital yesterday. (GP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
A family is crying out for justice today as one of its members remains hospitalised, a victim of alleged domestic abuse.
And relatives are lashing out at the Royal Barbados Police Force, saying lawmen did not act in a timely manner to prevent Saturday’s incident.
The sister and other relatives of the victim say the beaten mother of two had made “numerous” complaints to Crab Hill, District “E” and Holetown police stations about the same man prior to the incident.
They noted up to two months ago, the victim was issued a protection order against her former lover, but that did not deter him because, according to relatives, he broke into the house multiple times. (SDB Media)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.