New party president Verla De Peiza throwing the party’s support behind Donville Inniss last night, with a portrait of the former MP behind her. (Picture by Alex Downes.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Former Jamaican cricketer murdered Read More
- CWI hits back at charges Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The Democratic Labour Party (DLP) is not throwing its former Member of Parliament Donville Inniss to the wayside just yet.
New party president Verla De Peiza is reminding the public that Inniss has done nothing wrong unless proven otherwise.
“His matter is still sub judice,” she declared while answering a question about the embattled Innissat a St James South branch meeting last night.
“It has not been yet been ventilated by any court I am aware of, and up until such time that happens, he remains in my eyes, in the party’s eyes, and should also in the public’s eye, be innocent until proven guilty,”De Peiza, an attorney of 20 years’ experience, added. (AD)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.