The Barbados Water Authority's headquarters. (FILE)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Lunch update: 2nd ODI WI VS England Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- QUON to represent the Barbados in TNT Read More
The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) has advised that it is important to store an adequate supply of water for each individual and pets during the hurricane season.
The minimum recommended amount for drinking, food preparation and personal hygiene is five gallons per person, per day for at least five days. Additionally, water must be stored in clean, covered containers.
The public is urged to follow the guidelines of the Ministry of Health for further information on safe water storage.
Barbadians are also advised to always be prepared and to stay safe during this hurricane season. (BWA/BGIS)