Minister of Sports John King (FILE)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
The netball community can look forward to a new indoor complex for the sport. That assurance is coming from Minister of Sports John King.
Delivering the feature address during the opening ceremony of the 39th Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU) Netball Tournament at the Netball Stadium on Sunday evening, the minister encouraged players to demonstrate high levels of excellence, discipline and team spirit and promised the netball fraternity an indoor sporting facility.
“In the plans for the redevelopment of the National Stadium you will get an indoor netball stadium, so let your actions reflect the high standards of netball and sportsmanship for which this tournament is renowned,” he said.
“In so doing, let your individual and collective performances be worthy of being emulated by others both in netball and in other sporting disciplines.” (TRY)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.