One of the notices served on behalf of the NHC. (Picture by Christoff Griffith.)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
The National Housing Corporation (NHC) is taking a tough stand with its delinquent tenants. The state-owned agency is evicting those owing large amounts in rental fees.
Several tenants at Country Park Towers, Country Road, St Michael, were on Monday served their eviction notices to quit by an attorney – on behalf of the NHC.
At the high-rise housing unit on Monday, some occupants said a man with a stack of papers served the notices which gave the tenants seven days to vacate their units.
Several of the residents said a number of the tenants had already moved out of their homes and they attributed this to the change of Government since the May 24 General Election. (AD)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.