UWI opener Leniko Boucher displaying his Man of the Match award. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
Following a brilliant half-century from Leniko Boucher that helped Sagicor UWI overcome Bayview Hospital YMPC in tough batting conditions to win the Barbados Cricket Association’s Super Cup final on Sunday, the talented opener has received high praise, even from his opponents.
Boucher won the Man of the Match award for an impressive 56 that led UWI’s recovery after they had limped to 32 for four in search of a victory target of 107.
“Credit must go to Leniko. He really applied himself. He had some shots in his hand that he didn’t play, so credit must go to him and to young Kirton,” YMPC captain Renaldo Arthur said in the post-match interview.
UWI captain Jonathan Carter also heaped praise on Boucher and believes he has the talent to go even further. (PH)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.