- Airbnb to remove listings in Israel’s West Bank settlements Read More
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Opening ‘no problem’, for Dottin Read More
- Farley bounces back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bim Tipsy is in full swing Read More
Sagicor General Insurance Inc (SGI) has announced the completion of its amalgamation with Harmony General Insurance Company Ltd following the receipt of regulatory approval by the Financial Services Commission.
Keston Howell, President and CEO of Sagicor General Insurance Inc, said the move to combine operations with Harmony General “provides the opportunity to expand Sagicor General’s insurance footprint in Barbados”.
Commenting on the amalgamation’s impact on clients, Howell added: “I welcome our new clients into the Sagicor family. I assure you that this new relationship comes with a commitment from the entire SGI team. All our clients can be assured that they will be provided with the highest levels of service from an experienced team with a knowledge base built over 138 years of operation.
A transition team is currently working on the integration of the operations of the two entities and until further notice customers of (former) Harmony General will continue to be served from the offices at Harmony Hall.
Sagicor General customers will be served from the offices at Haggatt Hall, Collymore Rock and City Centre Mall.
Harmony General will be rebranded as Sagicor General Insurance. (PR)