Co-ordinator of the National Senior Games Rawle Clarke displaying the list of Barbadian competitors for the upcoming Huntsman Senior Games. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Barbados will have a delegation at the Huntsman Senior Games in Utah, even if the Government won’t be assisting with the cost.
This from co-ordinator of the National Senior Games and athletics coach, Rawle Clarke.
It follows an announcement by Minister of Elder Affairs Cynthia Forde that Barbados would not be fielding a team at the October 8-20 Games for the first time since 2004. She indicated the decision was based on the country’s current economic climate.
“I was surprised on getting the news that no team will be going to Utah. It is really no team, at least, sponsored by the Government. I have a 13-member delegation preparing for the games,” Clarke said. (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.