BDF Chief of Staff Colonel Glyne Grannum. (FILE)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Lunch update: 2nd ODI WI VS England Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- QUON to represent the Barbados in TNT Read More
The Barbados Defence Force’s (BDF) national sports programme is being shut down.
The nursery for hundreds of talented youths over the last three decades comes to an abrupt end at month-end.
The abandonment of the sports programme means an end to opportunities that it provided in cricket, football, track and field, boxing and table tennis over the last 28 years.
BDF Chief of Staff Colonel Glyne Grannum delivered the shocking news to stunned participants and coaches at a meeting held on Tuesday. (MK)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.