Calvin Brathwaite (left) and Dyson Benskin were arrested in the US. They are now back at home. (Internet Image.)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Odds against Windies in One-Dayers Read More
- BFA’s Premier season starts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
Two Barbadian men who had been arrested in Florida are back home.
Calvin Brathwaite, 34, of Montrose, Christ Church, and Dyson Benskin, 33, were reportedly staying, according to reports on Local 10 News, at the Hyatt Place in Southwest, Florida, when a member of the housekeeping staff smelled a strong odour of marijuana coming from a room and notified management.
A large amount of marijuana in bags was on the floor and a table. The Broward Sherriff’s Office was called in, and while waiting for a search warrant, the men returned and were taken into custody.
Their attorney Ralph Thorne QC, said the men had since been released and arrived home Tuesday. (RA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.