Calvin Brathwaite (left) and Dyson Benskin were arrested in the US. They are now back at home. (Internet Image.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- All Saints, Hillaby rule Norris Zone Read More
- United by football Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Two Barbadian men who had been arrested in Florida are back home.
Calvin Brathwaite, 34, of Montrose, Christ Church, and Dyson Benskin, 33, were reportedly staying, according to reports on Local 10 News, at the Hyatt Place in Southwest, Florida, when a member of the housekeeping staff smelled a strong odour of marijuana coming from a room and notified management.
A large amount of marijuana in bags was on the floor and a table. The Broward Sherriff’s Office was called in, and while waiting for a search warrant, the men returned and were taken into custody.
Their attorney Ralph Thorne QC, said the men had since been released and arrived home Tuesday. (RA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.