Calvin Brathwaite (left) and Dyson Benskin were arrested in the US. They are now back at home. (Internet Image.)
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Windies Hope for the win Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
Two Barbadian men who had been arrested in Florida are back home.
Calvin Brathwaite, 34, of Montrose, Christ Church, and Dyson Benskin, 33, were reportedly staying, according to reports on Local 10 News, at the Hyatt Place in Southwest, Florida, when a member of the housekeeping staff smelled a strong odour of marijuana coming from a room and notified management.
A large amount of marijuana in bags was on the floor and a table. The Broward Sherriff’s Office was called in, and while waiting for a search warrant, the men returned and were taken into custody.
Their attorney Ralph Thorne QC, said the men had since been released and arrived home Tuesday. (RA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.