Four-year-old filly Celestial Storm with apprentice Eric Daniel races away with the feature race at the Garrison, yesterday. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Barbados wins major recognition with Expedia award Read More
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Champions League draw: Liverpool v Bayern Munich, Man Utd v Paris St-Germain Read More
- Pride had belief Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Love for Smokey Read More
Celestial Storm bought some much needed sunshine to the hearts of the Parravicino family after she superbly won the feature Final Handicap over the top class sprinting 1 100 metres yesterday on a firm track at the Garrison Savannah.
Apprentice Eric Daniel rode the perfect race rocketing the four-year-old grey filly to the lead when the gates open before Wild Cat Tea and Radial Flyer flew by her going down the back stretch. As the pair went at each other throat, Celestial Storm then assume a birds-eye position and was then re-position on the outside to ensure a clear run.
As Wild Cat Tea weakened going to the quarter pole Celestial Storm surged on the outside of Radial Flyer who had shot into the final furlong with victory in sight. However, the Roger Parravicino trained filly motored home to cement her place among the island’s best speedsters. (LY)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.