Front row, from left: Barbados Tourism Director for the United States Petra Roach, Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc chief executive officer William Griffith, Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds and SATW president Barbara Ramsay Orr head the conference. (Picture by Alex Downes.)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Aguilleira retires from West Indies cricket Read More
- Lights out at the Gym Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Prince memoir to be released in October Read More
Barbados' tourism sector has hit another regional and local milestone.
For the first time ever, the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) kicked off its annual conference in the Caribbean region with an opening ceremony this morning at the Hilton Barbados Resort.
Over 250 travel writers, bloggers and photographers will spend the next week touring, experiencing and writing about Barbados.
Additionally, SATW will discuss the state and future of the travel writing sector.
Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds delivered remarks at the opening ceremony.
In welcoming the writers, Symmonds urged them to tell the story of Barbados, but not shy away from critiques as that would only serve to make the local tourism product better. (AD)