Emergency personnel rescuing those trapped in Wotton, Christ Church. (GP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Latapy’s goal to lift Bajan game Read More
- Challenge for SMS, Foundation Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Some residents in a district in Wotton, Christ Church made an urgent call for help at minutes to 1 this morning to rescue them from rising flood waters.
One resident told Starcom Network that they were requesting a dingy to help take families from the area of Cherry Wood Circle in Wotton.
The resident estimated there was about five feet of water.
He was especially concerned about a young asthmatic in the area as well as a pregnant woman who needed to be urgently rescued from the area. Shortly after, he reported that both were taken away from the area.
One elderly woman was also rescued by emergency volunteers, the caller said.
He said at least three homes are flooded out. (CM/AC)