Minister of Health and Wellness, Lieutenant Colonel Jeffrey Bostic. (FILE)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
The Healthy Caribbean Coalition (HCC) will be dealing with school canteens first before it targets the trays and offerings of the vendors on the outside.
This has been revealed by Minister of Health and Wellness Jeffrey Bostic, who was speaking after the launch of the HCC-led schools’ Outreach For Childhood Obesity Prevention at The St Michael School’s auditorium on Monday.
The event saw a number of proponents of healthy living urging the students to choose healthy food options over sugar-sweetened drinks and snacks.
Bostic said the Ministry of Health would be taking its healthy foods campaign to those who were selling unhealthy snacks on the outside of schools. (HLE)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.