Founding chairman of MESA Ralph Boyce (right), and his wife Hester enjoying Jennifer Walker’s jokes. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- AA goes cashless in Barbados Read More
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- Great knock – while it lasted Read More
- FIFA link in place Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
Jokes flowed, evoking non-stop laughter to heighten the camaraderie among members of the Men’s Educational Support Association (MESA) during the organisation’s family luncheon last weekend.
The event was heavily supported by the men who turned out with wives, children and grandchildren for the affair at the Sea Rocks Dome on Maxwell Coast Road. It was heartening to see couples married for 40 and 50 years out having a good time, sharing the occasion with friends.
Comedienne Jennifer Walker added a special touch, drawing from her extensive repertoire of jokes to entertain the patrons, while a DJ played old standards and contemporary favourites. (GC)