Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley (Picture by Krystal Hoyte)
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Windies Hope for the win Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
There are three things which scare Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley – hurricanes, earthquakes and automatic weapons.
And while she says the island could prepare for a hurricane and mitigate the devastating effects of an earthquake, it will take the efforts of all 280 000 Barbadians to wrestle the gun violence to the ground.
“There are three things that frighten me and I don’t have any shame in saying so and I will work hard to protect us from all three – hurricanes, earthquakes and automatic guns. And I am not frightened to ask for help on any of those three. And we are going to prepare to fight them because Barbados is too good a place, too sweet a place for it to be invaded by any of those things,” she said.(HLE)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.