- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Big win for Yellow House Read More
- Confident Nurse expects WI victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
The champs are still alive.
Makela Walcott had all 13 of her points in the second half, including a late clutch jumper as Preferred Insurance Brokers Pinelands forced a deciding Game 3 via Saturday’s 84-77 win over Massy Duracell Cougars in the No.1 Beauty Supplies & Beauty Exchange Women’s basketball finals.
It was the much-needed bounce-back performance after the two-time queens literally dropped the ball a couple days earlier by losing Wednesday’s series opener at the same Barbados Community College floor.
And they seemed certain of handing Cougars the title too after blowing yet another double-digit finals lead to fall behind 64-58 early in the fourth quarter.
But Walcott rebounded from a miserable showing of her own, drilling one step-back jump shot after another to key a 12-0 Pinelands rally that gave them the lead for good at 70-64. (JM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.