Thierry Gale (right) moving away from Ajeanie Talbot during Barbados’ recent friendly international against Jamaica, has signed a three-year contact with a top league club in Hungary. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Odds against Windies in One-Dayers Read More
- BFA’s Premier season starts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
A dream has finally come true! That was the declaration of former national and Paradise FC striker Dwayne Gale, father of ace midfielder Thierry Gale, who has been signed on a three-year contract with Budapest Honvéd FC in Hungary’s top league.
The 16-year-old, who represents the Barbados senior national and Under-17 teams, was invited in August to participate in a short trial with the European club. He officially took up his contract on October 1.
“It was a lot of hard work. I feel great about it. That was something I was working on from the time he was five years old and I am happy it has finally happened,” Dwayne, who also had a short professional stint in Ireland, said.
Asked if it was bittersweet to see his son leave home, he said it was not. (RA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.