- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Windies Hope for the win Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
At least one commercial bank has tripled one of its user fees. Scotiabank customers were stunned to see a $16 backdated service charge reflected on their accounts.
One customer, who has a mortgage, credit card and loan with the bank, told THE NATION she was informed about the increase by a work colleague and saw it on Monday when she logged on to her Internet banking account.
She went back each month to December 2017 and that same charge was $5, except January this year, when it was $7.50.
“I’m not happy. That is $192 for the year and more than likely, I will move my account,” she said. (SAT)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.