- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Windies Hope for the win Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
The May 24 General Election has left Government with a near $5 million bill.
The House of Assembly on Tuesday approved a resolution for an additional $4 381 613 which Minister of Home Affairs Edmund Hinkson said would go towards “the operating expenses” associated with the election.
The St James North MP said: “This will go to the Electoral and Boundaries Commission to pay those who worked on behalf of the commission during the election of 30 successful members of the Barbados Labour Party.”
He said the ousted Democratic Labour Party Government had voted only about $600 000 for the anticipated election but he deemed that amount “absolutely and totally inadequate”. (GC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.