- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Big win for Yellow House Read More
- Confident Nurse expects WI victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
The May 24 General Election has left Government with a near $5 million bill.
The House of Assembly on Tuesday approved a resolution for an additional $4 381 613 which Minister of Home Affairs Edmund Hinkson said would go towards “the operating expenses” associated with the election.
The St James North MP said: “This will go to the Electoral and Boundaries Commission to pay those who worked on behalf of the commission during the election of 30 successful members of the Barbados Labour Party.”
He said the ousted Democratic Labour Party Government had voted only about $600 000 for the anticipated election but he deemed that amount “absolutely and totally inadequate”. (GC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.