- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Windies Hope for the win Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
The Royal Barbados Police Force advises the public that due to the Military Funeral of Wendell Ricardo Jemmott Sgt (ag) #281 tomorrow Thursday, October 11, a number of temporary traffic changes will be in effect.
They are as follows:
• The funeral procession will begin at 11:15 a.m. and travel along Half Moon Fort, Shermans, Six Mens, Retreat, Maynards, Mile and a Quarter, Ronald Mapp Highway to the church yard.
Road users are asked to comply with all directives given to them by the police officers who will be stationed along the route. Upon hearing the siren they are asked to draw up to the left side of the roadway and stop to allow the procession to pass.
• The procession will leave the St Thomas Parish Church under escort and travel along Reeves Hill, Sea View, Lascelles and turn onto Hibiscus Avenue, Sunset Crest.
Those traversing this area are asked to proceed with caution and to comply with all directions given by the police personnel and to who will be on duty in that.
• The final stage of the funeral will entail a full military parade from Hibiscus Avenue to the St James Cemetery. It will travel under escort along Holetown Road, Vauxhall Road onto Cemetery Lane and into the St James Cemetery.
Road users are asked to note that there will be a temporary stoppage of all traffic in both directions at this time and are asked to comply with all directives given to them by the police personnel who will be stationed along the roadway.
Anyone who wishes to travel from Highway 2 to Sandy Lane Road will be allowed to turn onto Bennetts Road and travel through to Sandy Lane. There will be no right turn onto Molyneaux Road during the procession.
The travelling public is advised to comply with all the directions of the Police Officers who will be in uniform. (PR)