CCC captain Carlos Brathwaite led from the front as he rocked Barbados with bat and ball. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Law suspended by ICC for opening two ODIs Read More
- Windies men target improved performances in ODIs and T20Is in India Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
Barbados had their pride dented yet again as Combined Campuses and Colleges (CCC) Marooners, all confidence and aggression, rolled over them by seven wickets in the Regional Super50 Cup at 3Ws Oval, on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat, the Shamarh Brooks-led team were always up against it when they mustered a modest 174 on a slow pitch, which suited the varied four-man CCC spin attack of leg-spinner Keron Cottoy, off-spinner Jon Russ Jaggesar and left-arm spinners Linton Buchanan and Yannick Ottley.
The spin quartet kept the brakes on the middle order after captain Carlos Brathwaite and fellow new-ball bowler Akeem Jordan had given away precious little at the start.
CCC made light of the target, scoring at five an over with Kyle Corbin and the left-handed Kjorn Ottley blazing to 70 without loss in the 15th over. The stylish Corbin unleashed a series of delightful shots en route to 40 off just 46 balls, while Ottley, who was especially strong on the back foot, cracked 42 with two fours and three sixes. (MK)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.