Prime Minister Mia Mottley (FILE)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Big win for Yellow House Read More
- Confident Nurse expects WI victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley topped the 134 candidates who spent more than $2.4 million in Barbados’ May 24, 2018 General Election.
According to the return of election expenses which was published on Thursday, Mottley spent $71 864, almost three times more than defeated Democratic Labour Party (DLP) candidate Patrick Todd in the St Michael North East constituency. The Solutions Barbados candidate Kemar Stuart spent $1 370.83.
Overall, Mottley’s team from the Barbados Labour Party (BLP), which won all 30 seats, spent roughly $1.3 million. This figure is outside of what was spent by the party.
Other big spenders from the BLP included Minister of Small Business Dwight Sutherland, whose $67 543.31 was second only to Mottley, about $16 000 more than former Minister of Labour Dr Esther Byer Suckoo. (SAT)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.