BLP treasurer Reginald Farley addresses the party faithful during the start of this morning’s 80th Annual Conference session at The Lodge School. (Picture by Alex Downes.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Talma strikes gold Read More
- Baker captures silver Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) kicked off the first business day of their 80’s Annual Conference.
This conference, which is being held at The Lodge School, marks the first time in the party’s history that the annual conference is being held in St John.
During his address, party General Secretary Senator Jerome Walcott welcomed the hundreds of supporters gathered this morning and thanked them for the support over the last year.
He explained the BLP’s 30-0 victory in the May 24 General Election could not have been done without their help.
He pledged that the party, as the current Government, would keep the conference’s theme − Let’s do this for Barbados − in mind as they sought to stabilise the country. (AD)