Kenmore Brathwaite walking next to the waist- high grass. He said it looked more like some place to graze animals. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The state of the area around The Valley Resource Centre in The Glebe, St George, has become a cause for concern by users of the facility.
The waist-high grass, neglected plants and garbage in the bush belie the fact the centre is located next to the parish post office and an automatic banking machine and across from the police station. Classes and programmes are still being held there.
Resident Kenmore Brathwaite said it looked like a place for grazing animals.“This is supposed to be a lawn, not a grass piece for goats and sheep. How can this be a community centre? Somebody is not doing their job,” he said.
Cuthbert Nicholls said the situation was “not commendable” and could be a breeding ground for pests and vectors.(CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.