Serenade of the Seas was one of the ships docked in Barbados on Saturday. (Picture by Insight Digital)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Complex blues Read More
- HC and SMS against the odds Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Barbados is sailing into a bumper cruise season with 77 ships due to make over 400 calls at the Bridgetown Port from October 2018 to April 2019 period.
Seven ships will be making inaugural calls during the six-month season, the largest being the Anthem of the Seas due to dock on January 13, with a passenger capacity of 4 180 and a 1 300-member crew.
The arrivals should better last year’s was record when 818 752 passengers passed through the Port. The elevated projections for this year are the result of anticipated bustling port activity that will see as many as seven ships berthed on one day in December, while on other days four or five ships will be in port at the same time.
Homeporting is also in for a boost with 165 homeporting calls expected, 42 of them by two new ships, the Marella Celebration and the Marella Explorer. (GC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.