Players and supporters of Jordan’s Supermarket Shannon celebrating their T20 triumph on Sunday. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Bajans come up short Read More
- WI best not good enough Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Jordan’s Supermarket Shannon’s imported contingent played major roles in the capture of the Barbados Cricket League (BCL) Sir Everton Weekes T20 Cricket Cup on Sunday at Lears.
Jamaican Akeem Dewar, Gian Benjamin of Dominica and Antiguan Bartlett Henry all played breezy cameos as the new champs made an easy task of overhauling the 118 for nine made by Farm Boys Rangers who succumbed with 19 balls still available.
Man Of The Match Dewar clobbered four sixes in slamming a quick fire 27 to bring the victory within touching distance after Benjamin had got the chase off to a blazing start.
The diminutive wicketkeeper/batsman hammered 37 with three fours and two sixes in adding 49 for the first wicket with old stager Gregory Gaskin. He was given a life on 29, with the score on 31 and proceeded to launch a second maximum in an over that cost 18 runs. Pacer Kyle Franklyn was the bowler. (WH)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.