Director of Lucky Horseshoe Saloon and Steakhouse Laura Galt. (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Complex blues Read More
- HC and SMS against the odds Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Hundreds of staff at Lucky Horseshoe Saloon and Steakhouse are facing an uncertain future after being told they would be laid off.
On Tuesday, 18 employees from the Warrens, St Michael branch were the first to go after a morning meeting where chief executive officer Paul Johnson announced the cuts at the 20-year business.
These cuts come weeks after some workers’ hours were slashed to between 24 and 27 per week over four days and deployed among the various locations.
Last night, director Laura Galt told the MIDWEEK NATION it was a move that had to be made because the restaurants were not performing as they had in the past. The company has 320 employees, but she could not say how many would be affected as the restructuring would be done “location by location”. (SAT)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.