- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Jones smashes Forde’s 400m indoor record Read More
- The key for WI Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Barbados stands to gain from increased capacity and product enhancements being introduced by British Airways to boost travel to and from the island this winter season and next year.
The airline currently operates ten non-stop flights per week from Barbados to London Gatwick and will operate two additional services during the peak winter periods. Next year, there will be an extra three weekly flights in April, providing over 3 900 additional seats to meet the Easter holiday demand.
Diane Corrie, Commercial Manager Caribbean, British Airways said: “We are constantly looking at ways to support the travel needs of customers in Barbados and from our key markets overseas. London is an exciting city to celebrate the holidays and we’re excited to offer these special fares for those looking for a magical holiday.”
Corrie said the recently launched product enhancements to its catering, Club World bedding and inflight entertainment on its Boeing 777 aircraft which plies the Barbados to London Gatwick route make for “an enhanced flight experience” and the customer feedback has been very positive. (PR)