- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Cricket’s gain, football’s loss Read More
- Reifer shines in warm-up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Barbados went crashing out of the CONCACAF Under 20 Championships following an embarrassing 4-0 defeat against Haiti at the IMG Academy in Miami, Florida tonight.
Captain Bicou Bissainthe gave Haiti the lead from the penalty spot in the 30th minute after Elijah Downey committed a foul in the area.
Bissainthe then added a second goal just before halftime thanks to a free kick floated into the box by Brismax Clerger. Barbados were caught ball watching and Bissainthe was left unmarked and he converted from close range.
Francois Dulysse scored the third for Haiti while Delentz Pierre added a fourth in stoppage time to cement the victory.
The results that Barbados who have lost all three of their matches so far, sit fourth in Group E and will not advance to the qualifying round of the tournament. (AGB)