- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Bajans come up short Read More
- WI best not good enough Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Barbados went crashing out of the CONCACAF Under 20 Championships following an embarrassing 4-0 defeat against Haiti at the IMG Academy in Miami, Florida tonight.
Captain Bicou Bissainthe gave Haiti the lead from the penalty spot in the 30th minute after Elijah Downey committed a foul in the area.
Bissainthe then added a second goal just before halftime thanks to a free kick floated into the box by Brismax Clerger. Barbados were caught ball watching and Bissainthe was left unmarked and he converted from close range.
Francois Dulysse scored the third for Haiti while Delentz Pierre added a fourth in stoppage time to cement the victory.
The results that Barbados who have lost all three of their matches so far, sit fourth in Group E and will not advance to the qualifying round of the tournament. (AGB)