- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Best earns junior Pan Am silver medal Read More
- Holder eyes series win Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Inquire before cutting service Read More
- Machel to Rise at Oval Read More
Bajans love pork. They love it so much that for many of them a weekend is not a weekend unless they have pudding and souse, pork chops, barbecued pig tails, ribs, or some other meal in which pork plays a major role. That’s why in Barbados pigs are saluted as Proper Pork. With our porcine friends having such an exalted status, it’s no wonder this lowly pigeon decided to hop on this pig’s back. At least he can boast to his feathered friends that he bestrode royalty. Seriously, though, this pigeon hopped onto the pig’s back to pick some of the feed that fell there after the farmer shook out a bag of feed in the pen. And Donnay Deane was on hand to capture this moment to share with readers. This is this week’s Picture Of The Week. You, too, can be a winner by submitting your offbeat pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.