Deacons celebrating their capture of the men’s volleyball crown. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Cricket’s gain, football’s loss Read More
- Reifer shines in warm-up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Pan American International Insurance Warrens and Omega XL Deacons are the new rulers of the Goddard Enterprises Limited senior volleyball knockouts.
On Wednesday night, a decent crowd saw Warrens battle from a set down to defeat Chargers 16-25, 25-12, 25-12, 25-21 at the Wildey Gymnasium.
After Chargers took the opening set Warrens brought Lisa Austin off of the bench to fire up her teammates to outplay their opponents, reclaiming the title which they first won in 2016.
Captain Talya Layne pointed to the players knowing their respective roles which puts them in line to repeat their double crown rule of 2016. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.