Broadcaster Carol Roberts signed off for the final time this morning as host of the Voice of Barbados Morning Show. (Picture by Azania Phillips)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Veteran broadcaster Carol Roberts signed off for the final time this morning as host of the Voice of Barbados Morning Show.
Roberts, who has been the host for the last six years and also served as a co- host on programmes including the widely popular Fireworks, is tipped to take up the post of Chief Executive Officer of the National Cultural Foundation (NCF).
Station Manager of Starcom Network News, David Ellis described Roberts as one of the icons of broadcasting.
"Therefore having you off the air is going to be a loss to broadcasting in general here in Barbados," he said, recognising the high standard she had set in the industry.
He also referred to the enthusiasm and creativity, which Roberts had brought to broadcasting, as he wished her well in her future endeavours. (CM)