Break in at Cave Shepherd Department Store in Sunset Crest St. James (Picture by Ricardo Leacock)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Cricket’s gain, football’s loss Read More
- Reifer shines in warm-up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Staff at the Cave Shepherd Sunset Crest, St James branch turned up to work this morning to find that the store had been vandalized and robbed.
Richard Simpson, Facilities and Liason Managing Director for the Cave Shepherd Group, said thieves broke in just after 3 a.m, only stealing items from the Colombian Emeralds section of the store.
However, he was unable to give a value on the pieces that were stolen he stressed that only the lesser priced items remained in the display at night.
Acting Police Public Relations Officer Sergeant Michael Blackman said lawmen were carrying out their investigations into the matter, however, they are asking anyone who can provide any information that can assist to call the Police at emergency number 211, Holetown at 419-1700, Crime Stoppers at 1800-TIPS (8477) or any Police Station. (DB)