Government’s economic advisors Ambassador Dr Clyde Mascoll (left) and Avinash Persaud sharing a light moment. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
The air was charged with excitement when ministers of Government, leaders in the small business sector, prospective entrepreneurs and a host of other guests gathered at the Harbour Road premises for the grand opening of the new Trust Loan Fund Unit last week.
Government Minister Senator Kay McConney; Minister in the Ministry of Foreign Trade Sandra Husbands; Minister of Culture John King; chief executive officer of the Small Business Association, Senator Lynette Holder; Ambassador Dr Clyde Mascoll; and economic advisor to the Government, Avinash Persaud were all there.
Acting Prime Minister George Payne assisted by Minister of Small Business Dwight Sutherland, cut the ribbon to symbolically declare the unit open, while Unit manager Jerry Amos and his staff looked on. (GC)