Government’s economic advisors Ambassador Dr Clyde Mascoll (left) and Avinash Persaud sharing a light moment. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Red win again at CP Read More
- England upstage Gayle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
The air was charged with excitement when ministers of Government, leaders in the small business sector, prospective entrepreneurs and a host of other guests gathered at the Harbour Road premises for the grand opening of the new Trust Loan Fund Unit last week.
Government Minister Senator Kay McConney; Minister in the Ministry of Foreign Trade Sandra Husbands; Minister of Culture John King; chief executive officer of the Small Business Association, Senator Lynette Holder; Ambassador Dr Clyde Mascoll; and economic advisor to the Government, Avinash Persaud were all there.
Acting Prime Minister George Payne assisted by Minister of Small Business Dwight Sutherland, cut the ribbon to symbolically declare the unit open, while Unit manager Jerry Amos and his staff looked on. (GC)