Robert De Niro and his wife Grace Hightower pose on the red carpet as they arrive for the screening of the film Hands of Stone out of competition at the 69th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France, May 16, 2016. (Reuters)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
LOS ANGELES − Oscar-winning actor Robert De Niro and his wife of more than 20 years have separated, media reports said on Tuesday.
De Niro, 75, and Grace Hightower, 63, have been living apart for some time, The Hollywood Reporter, celebrity website TMZ and People magazine said, quoting anonymous sources.
De Niro’s spokesman did not return a request for comment.
The Raging Bull actor and Hightower married in 1997 and have two children. It was De Niro’s second marriage.
“Sometimes things don’t work out the way you hope or want them to,” a source close to the family told People magazine.
De Niro, one of America’s most respected actors and winner of two Oscars, has tended to keep his family and his private life out of the spotlight.
He made headlines last month when he was among a slew of critics of United States President Donald Trump who were sent crude pipe bombs in the mail. None of the devices exploded and a Florida man was arrested and is awaiting trial. (Reuters)