Miss Universe Barbados 2018 Meghan Theobalds left for Bangkok, Thailand, on Thursday to represent the country at the pageant, which comes off on December 16. (GP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Miss Universe Barbados 2018 Meghan Theobalds is off to Bangkok, Thailand.
The beauty, who turned 27 recently, became the third Miss Universe Barbados under the Crown Events Franchise, and 16th for Barbados overall, was stunning in a coral jumpsuit by Pauline Bellamy, as she boarded JetBlue for the first leg of her journey on Thursday morning.
Apart from her locally supplied wardrobe, which includes pieces from Lucy Lui Creations, Suga Apple Swim by Kimberly Angoy, Pauline Bellamy, Lester Welch and Pink Lemonade by Rotchelle Parris, she will also be donning gowns from Henri’s of Ohio and Vainglorious Brides by Selina.
National director Brian A.M. Green said: “We are very proud of Meghan as she has worked extremely hard since winning the crown to get ready for the greatest show in the universe. We know that she will make all of Barbados proud as she vies to bring home the crown.”
Theobalds shared her heartfelt thanks to her team, sponsors and Barbados at large, saying: “I am grateful and thankful for the support and I cannot wait to represent my country. I am looking forward to my journey in Thailand and I am so excited for this.”
The event airs December 16 on FOX at 9 p.m. Barbados time. (PR/NS)