Governor General Dame Sandra Mason greeting hospital resident Sylvia Martindale after the concert. (Picture by Krystal Hoyte.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Latapy’s goal to lift Bajan game Read More
- Challenge for SMS, Foundation Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Governor General Dame Sandra Mason and Minister of Health Jeffrey Bostic got a Christmas treat from residents and staff of the Geriatric Hospital yesterday.
The annual Christmas Party featured performances from residents such as centenarian Carlisle Clinton, who read a poem entitled Don’t Forget Christmas; Cardinal Norville, who read Christmas Treasure; Gloria Payne who recited Praise Jesus, and Wesley Sealy who played the harmonica.
Staff nurse Christine Broomes wowed the touring party with her beautiful renditions of Silent Night and Oh, Holy Night.
The event was also attended by members of the Barbados Defence Force, who assisted in the refurbishment of some of the wards at the Beckles Road, St Michael hospital. (TG)