- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
There was no attempted robbery at any of the CIBC FirstCaribbean branches.
In a brief statement the bank said the social media message circulating was “false” and “mischievous”.
CIBC FirstCaribbean’s Director of Corporate Communications Debra King said: “CIBC FirstCaribbean has been made aware of a social media message alleging an attempted robbery at one of our branches in Barbados.
This message is absolutely false and mischievous and the bank‘s branches in Barbados remain secure and open for business.”
NATION investigations revealed that yesterday a man attempted to pass a fake cheque at the bank and was arrested by police in the car park at Warrens. The arrest appeared to be the source of the rumours about a robbery attempt which began making the rounds on social media.(AC)