Bayley’s Primary basking in the glory of winning their third straight title. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
Bayley’s took their brilliance in batting and bowling beyond the boundary and into the record books on Thursday.
The St Philip school created history in the Guardian Group Herman Griffith Primary Schools Cricket Competition with an unprecedented third consecutive title and sixth overall following victories in 1993, 2006, 2011, 2016 and 2017.
Playing before a large crowd, which included National Hero Sir Garfield Sobers and Sir Wes Hall, they emphatically trounced Good Shepherd by 135 runs in a one-sided final at Empire Club, Bank Hall.
Bayley’s amassed 227 for one in their 25 overs with opener Shadontae Gittens carrying his bat for a superb unbeaten 87 off 65 balls, decorated with ten fours. (EZS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.