The rear of Margaret Carter’s house has collapsed and neighbours fear the remainder will soon follow. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
The community of Warner’s Gap, Britton’s Hill, St Michael is gravely concerned about one of its elderly residents.
The woman, 78-year-old Margaret Carter, is living in deplorable conditions and the fear is she may soon die in the dilapidated, partially collapsed house.
In addition, there is a large pool of stagnated water outside the house, which neighbours said may be from a leak in a nearby pipe, despite Carter’s utilities having been disconnected.
When A NATION team visited the area, Carter said she was not feeling well and neighbours were arranging food for her. She did not respond to any further questions. (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.