- Sustainable tourism drive Read More
- Brushing up paint plan Read More
- Caribbean umpire to stand in English County Championship Read More
- Arsenal deny Chelsea double as Ramsey seals FA Cup Read More
- No tears for Trinidad pipeline proposal Read More
- Bagging plastic bags Read More
- Barbadian culture on show in Canada Read More
Could the Alexandra School end up paying the salaries of two principals, one of them Jeff Broomes? Odd as it sounds, Bradston Clarke does not rule out the possibility. Why? Clarke, who was appointed a deputy principal of St Leonard’s Boys’ School in 1992 received his regular salary yesterday although he has not passed through the gates of the Richmond, St Michael institution since 2007 when he was interdicted. Clarke told the WEEKEND NATION yesterday that the situation emerging at Alexandra had similarities to St Leonard’s which ended up with two deputies, Clarke himself being one. Clarke insisted that unless a court of law ruled otherwise there were two principals at Alexandra School as of January 1, 2013 with Orson Alleyne (formerly of Parkinson Memorial Secondary School) and Jeff Broomes (reassigned to Parkinson). Clarke’s view was shared by some members of the Barbados Association of Principals of Public Secondary Schools (BAPPSS).