- Enhanced shopping experience with Courts card Read More
- Call for probe into Amazon purchase of Whole Foods Read More
- Worrell places fourth at Junior Pan Ams Read More
- Garner signs off Read More
- Bajans must hold place on WI team Read More
- Put aside egos, let all ideas contend Read More
- A soca party on de Hill Read More
Could the Alexandra School end up paying the salaries of two principals, one of them Jeff Broomes? Odd as it sounds, Bradston Clarke does not rule out the possibility. Why? Clarke, who was appointed a deputy principal of St Leonard’s Boys’ School in 1992 received his regular salary yesterday although he has not passed through the gates of the Richmond, St Michael institution since 2007 when he was interdicted. Clarke told the WEEKEND NATION yesterday that the situation emerging at Alexandra had similarities to St Leonard’s which ended up with two deputies, Clarke himself being one. Clarke insisted that unless a court of law ruled otherwise there were two principals at Alexandra School as of January 1, 2013 with Orson Alleyne (formerly of Parkinson Memorial Secondary School) and Jeff Broomes (reassigned to Parkinson). Clarke’s view was shared by some members of the Barbados Association of Principals of Public Secondary Schools (BAPPSS).