- TOURISM MATTERS: Exploit the film tourism niche Read More
- FAO ‘should boost food mission’ Read More
- Warrican the lone addition Read More
- St Thomas edge St James Central Read More
- MONDAY MAN: No regrets about teaching Read More
- LOUISE FAIRSAVE: Class of shareholdings Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
Could the Alexandra School end up paying the salaries of two principals, one of them Jeff Broomes? Odd as it sounds, Bradston Clarke does not rule out the possibility. Why? Clarke, who was appointed a deputy principal of St Leonard’s Boys’ School in 1992 received his regular salary yesterday although he has not passed through the gates of the Richmond, St Michael institution since 2007 when he was interdicted. Clarke told the WEEKEND NATION yesterday that the situation emerging at Alexandra had similarities to St Leonard’s which ended up with two deputies, Clarke himself being one. Clarke insisted that unless a court of law ruled otherwise there were two principals at Alexandra School as of January 1, 2013 with Orson Alleyne (formerly of Parkinson Memorial Secondary School) and Jeff Broomes (reassigned to Parkinson). Clarke’s view was shared by some members of the Barbados Association of Principals of Public Secondary Schools (BAPPSS).