- Tax dent in FCIB profits Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: The knowledge economy Read More
- Shell-shocked Windies Read More
- St George South blank St Michael Central Read More
- NOT ALL BLACK AND WHITE: Govt gone a step too far? Read More
- TONI THORNE: Prejudice and racism often mixed up Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
Catherine Jordan is the new president of the Athletics Association of Barbados. During Thursday night’s reconvened annual general meeting at the offices of the Barbados Olympic Association in Wildey, Jordan took over from Esther Maynard without a single vote being cast. Jordan, who is principal of St George Secondary School, is also the chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Athletic Championships (BSSAC) or Inter-School Sports. Almost all of the other posts on the executive were also uncontested, but there has been some juggling of the cast. Dr June Caddle remains the first vice-president and Noel Lynch the second vice-president. Former treasurer Trevor Welch takes over the post of secretary, replacing Jordan. Wendell Mason, the former assistant treasurer, is now the treasurer, while Maynard takes over the post he held.