- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: Be careful what you say, be careful what you do! Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Massy’s colonies help the Mother Country Read More
- Real Madrid want more Champions League glory Read More
- Select XI beat UWI again Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Evahthing changing Read More
- I CONFESS: Always be prepared for life’s mishaps Read More
- Two bites at City by night Read More
THE MAN CREDITED with crafting the Democratic Labour Party’s (DLP) 2008 general election victory thinks the party can lose the forthcoming poll, given its present strategy. Hartley Henry, the regional political consultant/strategist who has successfully advised political parties in 14 countries, told the SUNDAY SUN that Prime Minister Freundel Stuart should immediately call the poll as his delay was making it worse for the DLP. He contends that Government has created an environment in which it is calling an election that is seen as long overdue, and this in itself will take away from the administration’s above average performance, given the economic circumstances in which it found itself. “If you are not seeking time to do great things, then seek no time. Politics is about timing,” said Henry. He said it was imperative the poll was called to ensure the Estimates Of Government’s Revenue And Expenditure could be debated and approved by Parliament by the end of March. This would mean the new Parliament had to open in the first week in March, or by March 10 at the latest.