French special police forces secure a street during a police operation in the Neudorf district after the deadly shooting in Strasbourg, France, December 13, 2018. (Reuters)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
PARIS − Armed French police launched an operation in Strasbourg’s Neudorf neighbourhood on Thursday, a Reuters photographer said, as they pursue the hunt for a gunman who killed three people in an attack on a Christmas market.
Elite officers from the RAID police unit fanned out along one street, some with their guns trained on the houses in front of them, live television pictures showed. Other officers extended a security perimeter in the neighbourhood.
It was not immediately clear if they had located the suspect shooter or were carrying out a separate raid linked to the investigation into Tuesday’s attack. (Reuters)