Minister of People Empowerment and Elder Affairs Cynthia Forde (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The elderly are being warned to be on their guard against a well-dressed swindler prowling a St Michael district.
Flagstaff, St Michael residents are on alert for a middle-aged man targeting mostly elderly people and tricking them into giving him money.
The man convinces them he is either a relative or a friend of a relative and needs a loan for various reasons before disappearing with the cash.
It appears he asked around the neighbourhood for information on his next victim before striking.
The police have been notified about the scam, and Minister of Elder Affairs Cynthia Forde has condemned it. (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.