Independent Senator John Rogers (right) signing after taking the oath as Governor General Dame Sandra Mason (left) looks on. ( Picture by Gercine Carter)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Rector of St George Parish John Rogers is Barbados’ newest Independent Senator.
During a short ceremony at Government House this morning, Reverend Rogers was sworn in by Governor General Dame Sandra Mason in the presence of his wife Cheryl, daughter Safya and mother Mona.
Rogers was one of the contenders in the controversial selection process for the Bishop of Barbados.
He is replacing Independent Senator Michael Maxwell who has been appointed Bishop of Barbados. (GC)